• if your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme

    hello 2014



    I have been giving some consideration as to some new years goals and it is always something hard for me to figure out. I know that if my list is too long or things that are too far out of reach I will give up even before I start. So I decided I would just share some of my lifelong aspirations with all of you. It isn't exactly the same thing as goal setting but its around that ball park.

    I have always wanted to live in a big city for awhile and live very simply. On my mission we had to be prepared to move every six weeks, I want that luxury outside of the mission. If I had to pack up and move every six weeks I dont want it to be a total hassle, I want to be able to throw all my belongings into the back of my car and move. I know it can be done, I just have to get rid of the "what ifs" and "well its just such a good memory" things that I keep around. I need to start getting in that mindset that if I haven't thought about it in 5 years [heck in the past year even] then I probably can get rid of it without worrying.

    I have always wanted to go crazy with my hair. After my mission I dyed it for the first time trying out the ombre style, I also chopped off about 14 inches which was a huge difference so I am trying to grow it out again and I want to really dye my hair....I am thinking either red or blonde...we will see. Someday I will get gutsy enough to just do it.

    I have always had the aspiration to be a kinder/more understanding person. Sometimes I fall into the trap of assuming that everyone is rude and self-centered and self-entitled, but I need to get out of that mindset and see them as I was able to see them on my mission...just like God sees them. Everyone has the potential to be something great and I need to give people the benefit of the doubt and be less quick to judge. I also have been striving to improve myself in the way where I try to not be cruel towards anyone in my head and where I try to not be self-entitled. It is hard because it is so easy to do, but I know that it will make me a better person in the end and it will make me more like the Savior, which is what I want.

    Obviously I have always wanted to get married and have kids. I don't know when that time will come for me, but I am trusting that the Lord does have a plan and that it will happen when it is supposed to. That doesn't mean that I dont worry or wonder or wish that it will happen, but I know that if I am doing what the Lord wants me to do, I am okay because I am in His hands.

     I want to continue to learn even though I am not in school anymore. So I am going to read!! I have been wanting to read for fun for so long, but with school and the mission I haven't had the time. Now I can focus on the things that I am interested in and strive to learn more about them as well as read books that I have always wanted to read. I have a forever long list of things to read, so that is what I am going to do and be better about. I can't stop learning--it is just too much fun!

    There are so many more and I don't want to bore you with all of these "goals" of mine. But here is to 2014--the year of improvement and excitement and growing and learning and fun! I am looking forward to it!

    Happy New Year!!

    1 comments:

    1. do a post of some of your reading list. i'd love to see what's in your book queue!

      ReplyDelete