• if your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme

    realization


    There are two types of people in the world...

    Those who tell you that freckles are angel kisses,

    and

    Those who tell you that freckles are gross and make you look dirty and disgusting.


    Thanks to the latter of the two comments I have always been a tad bit self conscious about my freckles. In fact, it is kind of crazy, but when I picture my face in my head, I don't see the freckles because I have made this ideal image of myself minus the freckles because I thought that was more beautiful than what was really there. Sad, I know.

    I have people who tell me that they have freckles too, and they literally have like five freckles on their nose and thats it and I want to be like "nope, not even the same thing" because freckles cover my entire body...not just my nose.

    I never really get tan...it is more like a freckle overload that makes me look darker.

    I have had people play connect the freckles on my arms and back and shoulders...yeah, not okay people! Freckles aren't the chicken pox!

    I really have had people ask me if I have ever tried counting all my freckles. "Why yes, I spend all my time doing that! What else would I want to do ever? It sucks when I lose count because then I have to start over!"

    I have lip freckles...yes, those are a thing and no I can't cover them up no matter how much lipstick I attempt to put on.

    I have even had people tell me there is something on my face so I rush to the bathroom to clean off whatever may be there only to find that it is just a freckle. Rude.

    There are the people out there who genuinely like freckles and are very nice about mine but I swear the majority of the people I have met have been kind of ridiculous about freckles. I just think that we should all just be nice to one another and not put so much emphasis on image and more on personality and intelligence. Yes, that would be lovely.

    End of the rant.



    4 comments:

    1. 1. you have fabulous freckles and don't let the haters get you down.
      2. BUT AMEN to let's care less about appearance and more about intelligence and having enlightening conversations. I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE. (esp as someone who finds it distracting when people stare at my mole/beautymark above my lip - I'm like HEY FOCUS UP I AM TALKING TO YOU)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Kylie! Also, I love your beautymark, it is so 20's chic and its not even painted on like they used to do! :)

        Delete