• if your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme

    the lowdown on January


    hello world,

    i know it has been ages since i've updated you on my life...my only excuse is life is busy and i am lazy when i have time to myself so therefore this poor little blog has been neglected. well, no use crying over spilled milk!

    january was pretty crazy.

    getting back from our awesome family vacation over new years, packing up my stuff, moving to california, starting a new job, looking for housing, trying to make new friends, attending a new ward, being with my family, it has just been one heck of a month!

    i LOVE california. seriously, i could live here forever. it is beautiful, it has wonderful weather during the winter months, i enjoy the people i've been meeting...its just a great place.

    working at the museum has been interesting. i really like the museum. it is fun and i have been learning a lot about walt disney (there really was a lot i didn't know about him!) but because this job isn't super challenging i find myself daydreaming of other things and wishing i could be doing something else. i know that every single around my age goes through a "quarter-life-crisis" or something of that sort because the more i talk to the singles out here, the more i realize that i am in no way alone in my wanting something more and struggling with what i do have. i sound so selfish! i should be and am very grateful for the things that i do have, but its just one of those "what am i even doing with my life?" moments. so i have been weighing out different options and different possibilities and i absolutely hate making decisions so its been a struggle. i dont think i would be as worried about it if i wasn't under such a time crunch (grandparents leaving on their mission at the first of march=have to make life decisions in a rush rather than having time to really think about the consequences...good or bad). needless to say, i have been stressing myself out and it isn't really good for my sanity or health so i am just trying not to think about it and live in the moment and enjoy what i have right now and its been working for me. i know i am going to have to make a decision soon, but i want to make sure that all the cards are on the table before jumping into something that is hopefully going to be more permanent.

    i love being around my grandparents. they seriously are adorable and are so sweet towards me. i am excited for them to serve a mission, but at the same time i wish they were staying so that we could spend more quality time together. its great because every night when i get off work i come home and my grandma has dinner ready and we eat together then we sit and watch a masterpiece classic or mystery or some other fantastic movie that my grandpa insists that i see and then i rush to bed because i have to get up early for work and we do it again the next day. sometimes we throw in some cookie dough and cookies into the mix and it makes it even better!

    it is super fun to be around some of my extended family that i normally don't get to see very often like my aunts and uncles and little cousins. i love to see them all and it is kind of cool to be more apart of their lives in a way.

    i definitely miss my immediate family, luckily this isn't like a mission so i can talk to them as often as i want on the phone and that is really great. i am hoping that they will come visit me soon! (cough, cough, nudge, nudge)

    well, i guess that is all for now! until next time!


    here is a picture of me from yesterday! rainy weather in San Francisco!

    2 comments:

    1. yay for a blog update! i've been wondering how living in san francisco has been going for you.
      good luck figuring things out. i know you will! and that picture of you is adorable!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I agree with katie - YAY for blog update! you're awesome so i know things will sort themselves out...even though it's super stressful.

      ReplyDelete