• if your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme

    Ladies and Gentlemen, we have flakes. Flakes have been sighted.




    Sometimes I feel like Lorelai Gilmore from Gilmore Girls when I say that I love the snow:
    Lorelai: Can’t you smell it [snow]?
    Rory: You know, its like dogs and high pitched noises. I think its something only you can smell.
    Lorelai: I love snow.
    Rory: Really, I had no idea.
    Lorelai: Everything’s magical when its snows, everything looks pretty. The clothes are great. Coats, scarves, gloves, hats.
    Rory: Thermal underwear, wool socks, ear flaps.
    Lorelai: Do you know the best things in my life have happened when it snowed?
    Rory: Why yes I do.
    Lorelai: My best birthday.
    Rory: Your first kiss.
    Lorelai: Your first steps, they all happened when it snowed. [...] I feel good. Tingly.
    Rory: That’s called frostbite.
    Lorelai: You are mocking your mother, the woman who birthed you.
    Rory: I’m sorry.
    Lorelai: During a snowstorm, might I add.
    Lorelai: Hey, how is it out there?
    Michel: It is cold and gray like a fat dead pigeon.
    Lorelai: Oh, we’ll need to pull out the sleds, people might want to sled. Ooh, and the parkas. We’ll need the parkas.
    Michel: For what?
    Lorelai: In case anyone wants to hike.
    Michel: You do know that not everyone finds the idea of being pelted with frozen water appealing.
    Lorelai: I know, and how sad for them.
    Michel: The thrilling sensation of getting lost in a blizzard, of freezing to death in the woods, and having to eat your friend’s buttocks to stay alive, that is lost on many people.
    Lorelai: I am telling you, five minutes in a snowball fight we could knock that stick right out of your butt.
    Lorelai: Ladies and Gentlemen, we have flakes. Flakes have been sighted. Flakage, if you will, has begun. Michel, it’s the first snowfall of the season. It’s very lucky. Make a wish.
    Michel: Get away from me.
    Lorelai: Oh, you’re not supposed to say it out loud.
    Lorelai: When I was five, I had a really bad ear infection and I had been home in bed for a week and I was very sad. So I wished really hard that something wonderful would happen to me. And I woke up the next morning and it had snowed. And I was sure that some fairy godmother had done it just for me. It was my little present.
    Luke: Your parents never explained the concept of weather to you?
    Lorelai: I’m making a point, Mouthy McGee. Of course, many years later, I realized that logically, the snow was not there for me personally. But, still, when it snows, something inside me says, ‘hey that’s your present.’ I don’t think it’ll ever change.
    I find it so funny and amusing to see all of the posts and complaints about the snow because I love it! I would so much rather have a white Christmas than a non-white Christmas.



    Now when I say this I mean that I love to see the snow from inside a nice warm house with hot chocolate and a fireplace. I don't like trudging through the snow to class or the freezing cold wind that is in Rexburg. But snow is BEAUTIFUL!


    I think I put this on a facebook status but I love snow for Christmas and then I am totally fine with it disappearing. But it just isn't Christmas unless there is some snow! I guess I am really lucky that I am moving to California in January because it doesn't snow there like it does in Utah/Idaho!



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment