• if your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme

    the facebook



    I dont think it is a surprise to anyone that facebook isn't exactly my favorite social media website. I literally have it because it is a way to see what people are up to that I haven't seen in ages. There is the argument that if I really cared enough I could just shoot them a text or an email to stay in contact with these people, but lets be honest, the reason most people have a facebook is so that they can stalk others without actually having to contact them.

    I don't really ever post anything on facebook because of privacy. I have heard one too many stories about creepy facebook stalkers and creepy internet stalkers and honestly it freaks my freak which is why I strive to not have too much info out there for the world to see.

    Have you ever googled yourself? If you haven't, you should try it out and see what pops up. I did that awhile back and I freaked out. On the images portion of google there were videos that I had put up on vine and pictures that I had put on twitter and my address was on multiple links and I just couldn't handle it, so I went in and deleted my vine and my twitter and then had to go complain to google to have them remove the cookies keeping my images still up on the search engine. Its ridiculous! Now when I google myself LinkedIn pops up as well as my pinterest and facebook and that is enough to make me still a little anxious.

    I am overly obsessed with buzzfeed video and they posted this video awhile back:

    It is all about privacy and people getting information about you just by having your name.

    I know that facebook can be useful for other stuff, but really, I think we would all be better off without it...I just dont see it going anywhere anytime soon.

    Your feelings on the facebook? I'd love to know.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment