• if your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme

    a recap


    2014

    I can't believe that it is over already. It feels like just yesterday that I was packing my bags moving to CA to live with my grandparents and start a new exciting job in San Francisco. It is surreal how time works. It is fast it is slow it is over in a heartbeat it drags on and on...I feel like it was this way on my mission, how did real life time turn into mission time so suddenly? It is insane.

    I wanted to write a quick recap of my year because it really was a great year full of change and growth.

    January

    Here is a picture of me on my very first day of work January 14, 2014. 

    In January I moved to California and started my new job at the Walt Disney Family Museum. I was excited and nervous and ready to feel like an adult (not sure if that ever will happen by the way...) and it was a new experience. So crazy that was already a year ago. 


    February

    I started to adjust to the bizarre weather in SF and the bay area.

    Commuting from the east bay into the city every day had its benefits and its frustrations. I definitely started to feel it after a month of driving. I got in a minor fender bender around this time and it taught me to drive way more aggressively here in the city. 

    March

    In Ensenada, Mexico: March 2014

    Moved into the city...
    started going to the San Francisco YSA ward...
    went on a random three day cruise to Ensenada, Mexico with YSA from the bay area and my good friend Holly Hallmark. That was the most random thing I think I have done in awhile but it all worked out and not only did I get to go on a cruise with friends but I got to go to Disneyland with Holls! So.Much.Fun.....
    My brother Clayton got his mission call to Moscow, Russia in March...boo ya grandma! I was super stoked for him!

    April

    Continued to work at the Museum and go to random exhibition openings with work friends.

    I went on "spring break" with my family this month to Southern California! We went to Disneyland and then visited some of my cousins that live down there. 
    I celebrated Easter with my extended family in the east bay. 
    I died my hair blonde.
    I met famous Disney Legends.

    May

    Cassidy Hall and myself on my birthday

    Turned 25...nbd
    started going on Sunday adventures with ward friends
    Surprised my mom on Mothers Day and flew to Utah to visit
    My family came out to California again to house hunt so I got to see them and that was a happy day!


    June

    Our families new house

    My parents flew out again to go house hunting and found a nice gem in Danville, CA.
    I became an "official" CA resident and got a drivers license finally and registered my car here...big deal guys.
    Did something crazy and signed up for an LDS dating website because I heard so many success stories from people at work...
    deleted said account after a week of dealing with creeps and annoying men trying to contact me.

    July
    Hawaii

    Took a family trip to Hawaii. It was great! Much needed. Fantastic. 

    My brother clayton left on his mission to russia.

    August

    Big Sur

    August was full of fun times with the coworkers. Went to big sur, great america, a giants game, and some musicals. My family also finally moved out here to CA after months of planning. 

    September

    Celebrated Diana's birthday and then drove her to Idaho for school. 

    Santa Cruz for Diana's birthday festivities.

    This was also the month where I met Josh. We played a musical number in church and have been together pretty much ever since. 

    October

    Went on a fantastic date to Disneyland with Josh. 
    Got to experience the Rise Festival and live my tangled fantasy. 
    My cat almost died.
    The Giants won the world series again!

    Me, Josh, and Brant (Josh's cousin)

    Seriously you guys, so magical.

    Poor baby flynn

    ahh look at that bum

    November

    More dates...
    thanksgiving with Diana and some extended family

    Pictures of Diana during Thanksgiving for her mission

    December

    Normal Christmas festivities.
    Last family trip to Disneyland and a cruise with Diana before she leaves.



    I can't believe Diana leaves so soon!


    Gosh looking back and seeing everything that happened in 2014 makes me think it was one of my best years yet! So many things done and accomplished. I feel so grown up all of a sudden! Well I hope that 2015 holds just as many adventures as last year!

    Also, I started this list weeks ago and am just now finishing so it just shows you how little time I have had recently to blog! Yikes! Well better late than never. 

    2 comments:

    1. Wow, you had an awesome year! I'd like to know more about this Josh person... ;). Miss you!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Wonderful year!! Love you Sweets!!

      ReplyDelete