• if your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme

    conversion wednesdays


    So, for those of you who are my friends/family/visitors who dont know, I am a Mormon. That is actually a nickname I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints if you want to get technical. I love this church and the happiness and joy it has brought into my life, so I thought I would dedicate a day of the week to conversion stories. I love hearing how people joined the church, or how they came to gain a testimony that this church was true. I hope you enjoy!

    Hi I'm Sherri Patterson McRae





    "I am a Mormon in part because I was born into this church. How blessed I feel to have been baptized when I was 8 years old. But the truth is, we are all converts to His gospel and must gain our own testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. When I'm reading the scriptures or listening to a talk in church, the warm feeling inside lets me know I'm following Him. I know Heavenly Father loves us as much now as He loved those in times of old. Having a living prophet on the earth today is a very important aspect of this church. I know President Monson tells us the things that Heavenly Father wants us to know and do. It just makes so much sense to me! Also, the gift of the Holy Ghost, that we receive at baptism is the greatest gift I could ever have. The Holy Ghost is a constant companion and guide to me as long as I am worthy. This gift has blessed me greatly in my life to warn, encourage, lift and direct my actions. I know this is His church and I know it because I feel it deep inside. It is affirmed each time I hug my children, say a prayer or hear one of His servants teach a correct principle. I love my family and know that we can be together in the eternities if we are obedient in this life. As much as I love my own family, Heavenly Father loves us even more. This knowledge blesses my life and gives the strength I need to happy."

    To find out more about Mormons or about its followers go HERE.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment